Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Happy Fibonacci Day!


I know this may be a little late in the day, but I just realized that today's date is actually a Fibonacci sequence!  That's right, today's date is May 8, 2013, or written another way, 5/8/13!

For those who don't know, the famous Fibonacci sequence is starts off with the numbers 0, 1, and then continues by adding numbers that are equal to the sum of its preceding two numbers.  So, the classical sequence is 0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55.... you can keep going on and on if you wish.

Today's date, when written as I have above, forms a section of this sequence.  If you would rather write your date in the format of month/day/year, then you can expect another Fibonacci day on August 5, 2013.  Unless I'm mistaken, there won't be another one of these nice alignments of date numbers until August 13, 2021!  So, I'm sorry I didn't recognize this earlier in the day to share with everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts